Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sorting through the parts...

I started pulling all the parts out of the box.

The previous owner had the bike taken to Cyclerama in St. Pete, FL and they had the motor torn down and extracted the bolts. The PO mentioned that the heads would need to be welded. I had never tackled anything like that so I figured I post up some pics of what I found. I can’t see any damage to the head, but it does look like it was cross thread. I have examined both mount slots and I don’t see any stress cracks. I see copious amounts of cross threading, but no stress cracks.Take a look...


So, I decided I would take the head down to a local cycle shop Swine Psycles to get the head work done. After talking to Mike he assured me that this would be a no brainer and nothing a helicoil couldn't fix, so I turned him loose on the head.

As of the week before Chirstmas, this was the state of the bike...
From Slowride's S3

No comments:

Post a Comment